Rajshree Jaiswal is the author of The Honest Mistake book, which she started writing around four years ago. The story is touching the hearts of hundreds of readers in India and around the world. The story is very relatable and most of the readers are able to connect with it.
Read on as author Rajshree Jaiswal talks about her debut book, life as a writer, challenges she faced to find the right publisher, other passions in life, and more.
1. Let’s begin with a brief introduction of yours and an overview of your debut book—The Honest Mistake.
I am a self-governed girl originated from Bihar, born and brought up in the beautifully sprawled city of Guwahati, Assam. After completing my graduation and masters, I came to live in Chennai.
With dreams in eyes, I joined an MNC. I started my career with an aspiration to become a developer, but life had different plans. It bewitched me to become a writer. That is how ‘The Honest Mistake’ happened. It is the story of two young girls with miserable past and how they tamed it. It tells that there is still a ray of hope. After all, life is silver-lined.
2. Where did you get the idea behind the story of The Honest Mistake? Do the characters come from real-life incidents or from your own imaginations?
Well, I got the idea behind the story of The Honest Mistake from the surroundings. The characters come from real life, but the story is of my own imagination.
3. What sort of reviews you are getting from the readers?
The reviews which I am getting from my readers are overwhelming, better than the expectations. A common review that I’m getting from readers is that they can connect with the story and the incidents in it. As you have already read the book and know that the content raises questions on society’s norms. The readers too could easily connect with the same.
4. When did you start writing the first draft of your book? Did you follow a writing routine throughout the journey?
The journey for my debut book started in the year 2015 when I was pursuing my post-graduation. I didn’t follow a writing routine at that point, but yeah, I started following it before one and a half year of publishing.
5. What were the main challenges that you faced to find the right publisher?
Don’t ask me this question. I can write a book on this.
But yeah, I couldn’t wait for the replies from the traditional publishers at that time. I wanted the book to get published on the 21st of April this year. I am grateful that I found Damick Publications which helped me to publish my book on the day I wanted.
Suggested reading: 39 Best Chetan Bhagat quotes about life, success, youth, and love
6. How much important do you think are the cover and title of the book? How did you decide the title—The Honest Mistake?
Cover and title of the book are like a trailer of your book. It’s important to choose both carefully.
It was really difficult for me to decide the title. I nearly took a week to finalize it.
7. What are your other passions in life?
Other passions… I have many but a few at the top of the list are poetry, photography and dancing.
8. A Quick-fire round
– Whom do you consider your icons when it comes to writing? Any favourite authors?
– Three favourite books?
I tagged her in my heart by Anuj Tiwari.
For the sake of love by Anamika Mishra.
The God of small things by Arundhati Roy
– Whose advice do you seek when in a dilemma?
– If a movie was made of your life what genre would it be, who would play you?
If a movie made on my life… The genre would be self-help and Deepika Padukone will be the best fit for this.
– A line said by your closed one that you never forget?
Hope is the best key to success in life.
9. What’s next for Rajshree Jaiswal?
Being a budding writer, I am currently working on building my own identity. I am working on it.
Related author interviews:
Our Book Marketing Services For Authors