Book title- No More No Less
Author- Alisha Nandeshwar
Publisher- Notion Press
No More No Less by Alisha Nandeshwar—Book Review
No more No less begins with the introduction of three close friends—Pari, Avinash, and Riya who are about to graduate from their MBA college. Avinash doesn’t participate in any campus drive interviews as he wants to join his father’s well-settled business. He also stops Riya and Pari from featuring in interviews, reasoning that he has planned something for them as well.
At the graduation party, Avinash introduces his friend Sameer (the handsome and settled businessman just returned to India from London) to Riya and Pari. Pari who has never dated any guy before, falls for Sameer. They start dating and loving each other.
Avinash tells Pari and Riya that his plan for them was to make them join his father’s company. While Riya is thrilled with the idea, Pari doesn’t want a job just like that. She wants it with her own capabilities. Eventually, Sameer convinces her as well for it.
I found the story a little slow as the author tried to explain every little thing. Some of the words have been used too many times, almost on every page.
Going ahead, Pari finds that her brother Dev and Riya are also in love with each other. Avinash is unaware of the relationship between Riya and Dev, as both his friends keep this a secret from him.
When Dev announces his engagement with Riya at a birthday party, everyone gets delighted about it, but not Avinash. He is heart-broken. He loved Riya.
Avi wanted to settle well and have everything of his own, before proposing to Riya so that she can’t refuse. But he is late. She loves someone else and will soon get married.
More than half of the story runs smoothly, having everything in place. But the climax tears the things apart. I loved the second-half of the story more as it made more sense.
Overall, No More No Less by Alisha Nandeshwar is a good book to read. It is her debut book, but the writing skills of the author won’t make you feel so.
Suggested reading: Book Review: The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
Best quotes from No More No Less by Alisha Nandeshwar
2. “This is what happens in those early days which are pure bliss. You can’t help but smile all the time, butterflies keep fluttering inside you and there is this one person you just can’t stop thinking about all day.”
3. “A man can be too smug and so full of himself. But when it comes to that one special lady, he will always bow.”
5. “He talks like a big guy given his age.”
“Years of living without a roof over the head and barely getting anything to eat would do that to a kid.”
6. “Every girl has the right to dream of her Prince Charming and every girl deserves a fairy tale.”
8. “A princess needs her tiara and an angel needs her wings. Treat your woman like both so she can rejoice and sing.”
9. “Like my heart will explode when I see you every time. Like everything is perfect when you’re by my side. Like you’re the missing piece of my puzzle of a life.
Like you’re the warmth I seek on a cold night. Like you’re the one I want to keep in my pocket and carry you everywhere with me. Like you’re the one I’ve been waiting for in my life even if I didn’t know it.
Like sun won’t shine in my life if you’re not a part of it. Like the world is nothing. Absolutely. Nothing. When you’re not in it.”
Buy No More No Less book
Virendra is a passionate reader and writer. He is currently working for two leading IT media portals. This blog is where he shares everything, whether it is a book review, technical article, author interviews, things he has learnt (and still learning). He also writes about his take on this world through unique, helpful and odd stories.