Book Title – The Wedding
Author – Nicholas Sparks
Publisher – Sphere
The Wedding Book Review- Nicholas Sparks
The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks is a sequel to The Notebook. If you have read The Notebook, you know about Noah and Allie, the couple who shows what the true meaning of love is and what being in love means.
Whereas, The Wedding is the story of Wilson and his wife Jane (a couple in their 50s). Jane is Noah’s daughter and Wilson is a lawyer who now feels that his relationship with Jane has slowly lost its charm.
He has never fought with Jane but has been unable to make her feel special. He feels that he has been taking her for granted and behaved just like good friends rather than a couple. It was Jane who raised all the three children.
Jane always had very high expectations from relationships because of the chemistry and love she had seen between her parents. But Wilson was the opposite, who even forgot their 29th anniversary. He failed to maintain the work-life balance.
Wilson regrets forgetting his anniversary and starts putting efforts into gaining the love of Jane back, to make her feel special, to become a romantic husband. His efforts are really heart-touching. He meets Noah every now and then to learn things that can make Jane feel special.
Talking about Noah, he lives alone with the memories of Allie. He spends most of the time with a swan. Certain things make him believe that Allie has returned to him in the form of a swan.
So, Wilson keeps on trying to turn his dead relationship with Jane into a romantic one. The climax of the story is a very surprising one, of which I had no idea about it. Just wow! Sharing more of the story will make me a spoiler.
I really loved the book!
Everyone should read it, especially the married ones. It shows that we don’t even realize or notice that we are taking our partners for granted. Despite everything, a relationship can be saved if both the partners are ready to put in the efforts, rather than giving up on it.
No need to talk about the writing style of Nicholas Sparks. He is brilliant at presenting the story in a romantic way, to touch the readers at heart, and use the words that can melt the hearts of even un-romantic people.
Suggested reading: Book Review: The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins
10 Best quotes from The Wedding Novel by Nicholas Sparks
Sharing my favorite lines from The Wedding novel, which touched my heart:
1. “But love, I’ve come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.”
2. “I learned that it’s possible for two people to fall in love all over again, even when there’s been a lifetime of disappointment between them.”
3. “I understand women” … There’s no man alive who can honestly say those words and mean them. It just isn’t possible, so there’s no use trying. But that doesn’t mean you can’t love them anyway. And it doesn’t mean that you should ever stop doing your best to let them know how important they are to you!”
4. “What are we, after all, without our memories, without our dreams?”
5. “It’s funny, but have you ever noticed that the more special something is, the more people seem to take it for granted? It’s like they think it won’t ever change.”
6. “When people ask me what it’s like to be a parent, I say that it’s among the hardest things you’ll ever do, but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love. Everything a baby does strikes a parent as the most magical thing he or she has ever seen.”
7. “Experience had taught me that even the most precious memories fade with the passage of time.”
8. “My first thoughts after waking are – and always have been – of you.”
9. “How many people are ever given that chance? To have someone you love fall in love with you over and over?”
10. “Marriage is about compromise; it’s about doing something for the other person, even when you don’t want to.”
Buy The Wedding book:
Have you already read this book? Please share your views below.
Also, let me know your thoughts about these quotes. Would love to hear from you. 😊
Our Book Marketing Services For Authors