I have interviewed many authors and poets, and Anurag Mishra is one of the most modest people I have come across. It feels really great to have talked to him about so many things, including his books, life journey, struggle with depression, YouTube, etc.
Anurag Mishra is the author of three books, a Josh Talks Speaker, a Poet who has featured on several top poetry platforms in India, and a food vlogger.
Read on as author Anurag Mishra talks about his novels, YouTube channel, practical tips on coming out of depression and toxic relationships, life goals, and much more.
Interview with Anurag Mishra: Author, Poet, Josh Talks Speaker, YouTuber
1. Let’s begin with a brief introduction of yours and an overview of your most recent book: Hardaul- Ek Mahan Shashak.
My name is Anurag Mishra and I am from Tikamgarh, a small town of Madhya Pradesh and I did my graduation from Delhi college of arts and commerce at Delhi University.
I am an author, food vlogger, poet and a josh talks speaker.
Hardaul- Ek Mahan Shasak is a fictional book based on Hardaul, a great ruler of Orchha from Bundelkhand. It’s about the courage and valour of Bundelas and about love between two brothers Jhujhar Singh and Hardaul, a mother like sister-in-law of Hardaul, and also about the political diplomacy of that era.
2. Please tell us about your previous books. How many books have you written to date?
I have written three books till now.
- “Struggle of a Star and a Beautiful Love Story”: It’s a fictional story of struggle, love, and friendship.
- “Safalta Tay Hai”: It is a non-fiction motivational book about the management mantra in life.
- “Hardaul- Ek Mahan Shashak”
3. Have you always wanted to be a writer or was there a particular moment you thought, ‘I want to do this!’?
I don’t really know. I love to write but I am not a good writer. Writing is like meditation for me. It gives me strength, motivation, willpower, and almost everything. I am trying day by day and I have faith in myself that one day I will do something great in this field.
Related reading: “I spend my time writing books the way you spend yours with kids,” – Abhilekh Dwivedi
4. You also run a cooking channel on YouTube named Rishi Ki Rasoi. Would you like to give a bit of background about it? How did the channel find its name?
Yeah, I have a youtube channel with the name “Rishi Ki Rasoi“. It is related to cooking and food vlogging. There are more than 450 videos but it’s not a very big channel yet.
However, this channel helped me learn a lot of important things related to YouTube. It is like a teacher for me in the field of YouTube vlogging.
Rishi is my nickname, so I named this channel “Rishi Ki Rasoi”. I started this channel when I was depressed. Cooking helped me to survive those difficult days.
5. As a motivational speaker, please share some practical tips on how to get out of depression and toxic relationships?
I am not a very successful motivational speaker either. I am just the kind of person who likes to help those who genuinely needs my help.
If I will speak on depression, it’s a very cruel demon. I will say go to professionals and never hesitate to come in front of society, fight till the last breath. I assure you that no one can defeat you. Life is a very beautiful creation of God. Do things that can help you to fight depression. You can do things such as cooking, gardening, writing or whatever you like. But don’t give up or do things that harm you, like drugs, smoking and many more.
If I will speak about relationships, I just have one thing to share: “Don’t get into a relationship until you become rich.”
Must read: “Youth must know that it is easier to stay out of Drug Addiction than to come out of it”- Dr (Col) Rajinder Singh
6. India is considered among the most depressed countries, but mental illness is still taboo here. As a mental health advocate, what are your views about it and what can be done to solve the mental health crisis in India?
The WHO stresses that mental health is more than just the absence of mental disorders or disabilities. So I must say, go to a doctor, take the professional advice of psychiatrists and never hesitate to face society for this.
There is a lack of awareness about this issue and this is like a taboo in society. We should demand the active participation of the government. It can’t be fought alone. We also need to train society and start door-to-door campaigns for it. Sharing is caring. So, care is a must for those facing mental health issues.
In addition, there is a need for constant funds to raise awareness about mental health, guide people about its symptoms, and about the role of doctors.
Suggested reading: 50+ Best Rupi Kaur Quotes & Poems To Cross Your Heart
7. On which speaking and poetry platforms have you got featured for your achievements and literary work?
I spoke at the Josh Talks about the depression and the struggle of a small-town boy because of a lack of English speaking skills. This video is available on YouTube with more than 160k views to date.
Along with this, I performed poetry on:
- Ek Khwaab Poetry
- The Realistic Dice (TRD) Poetry
- G Talks Poetry
- Pacific Poetry
- Poetry and You
- Kavi Sammelan
- Poem and Kahaniyan
And many more.
This is just the beginning of a long journey. I will do more work on this passionately after the COVID time.
8. What are some of your favourite quotes/lines written by you?
- This world is full of selfish people. No one is here for you, everyone is here for your money and status.
- Life is a very beautiful creation of God. Fight till the last breath.
- One day, you will become a successful person. Never sacrifice your dreams. You are one of the best people in the world.
- Everyone is selfish, parents too.
- If you have one person who truly loves you, then you are like a God in this imaginary world.
- Celebrate your failures by eating sweets.
Related reading: 39 Best Chetan Bhagat quotes about Life, Success, Youth, and Love
9. A quick-fire round:
– Books that have influenced your life?
I am an avid reader and books are like true friends for me. I can’t tell you one name They all are loveable and caring.
– If you had all the money in the world, what would you do first?
I will invest that whole money for mother nature and animals.
– What is that dream goal you want to achieve before you die?
I want to work for nature very passionately.
– One song that you always hum?
There are plenty of my favourite songs, but Kabir Vani is my real love.
– Whose advice do you seek when in a dilemma?
10. What’s next in the roadmap for Anurag Mishra? Are you working on a new book?
No, I am not working for a book. I am a learner. Currently, I am learning something very passionately and soon I will do something professionally in that field after complete learning.
Our Book Marketing Services For Authors