Book title: The Notebook
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Book Rating: 5/5
Review of The Notebook Book
This is one of the best books I have ever read. A very heart-touching and moving love story of Noah and Allie, showing the everlasting power of true love.
Noah falls in love with Allie at the age of 16, but their story remains incomplete. They get separated after the few moments they spent together at a summer camp. He keeps on writing letters to her for two years without getting a single reply.
Circumstances bring them together again after around 14 years. But, Allie is now engaged to someone else.
Noah and Allie spend a week together after their years-long separation. In that week, Allie realizes that what she feels for Noah can never be felt with the person she has got engaged to. She is passionate about Noah, her love for him never actually died, even after those long 14 years.
Eventually, she chooses Noah over her fiancé and marries him.
After several years of their wedding, Allie suffers from Alzheimer, a disease that impacts memory, thinking, and behaviour of the victim. She starts to forget things and sometimes don’t even recognize Noah. It is the most difficult phase of Noah’s life to feel forgotten by someone whom he loved the most.
Despite everything, he stays with her all the time, whether it is home or the hospital. At the hospital, he every day brings out a notebook and reads their story to Allie. She doesn’t know that it is the story of their life but enjoys listening to it.
In short, The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks is a perfect love story, that includes heartbreak, love, as well as tragedy. It will make you feel love and cry in the right places.
Of all the romance books I have ever read, The Notebook is the best. It is the only book I have read more than once.
If I had to review this book in one line, I’d write this—
If I could read only one book in my entire life, I would choose The Notebook book by Nicholas Sparks.
Suggested reading: Book Review: The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins
Top quotes from The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Sharing some of my favourite lines from the book which touched my heart. These quotes will help you decide whether you should read this book or not.
1. “I’m a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”
2. “He walked her home afterward, and when they paused on the porch after saying good night, he kissed her for the first time and wondered why he had waited as long as he had.”
3. “And sometimes in the moments right before sleep came, he wondered if he was destined to be alone forever.”
4. “I have been watching you, working day and night, slaving so hard you barely have time to catch your breath. People do that for three reasons. Either they crazy, or stupid, or trying to forget. And with you, I knew you were trying to forget. I just didn’t know what.”
5. You’re the answer to every prayer I’ve offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don’t know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.
6. “But he had been in love once, that he knew. Once and only once, and a long time ago. And it had changed him forever. Perfect love did that to a person, and this had been perfect.”
7. “I guess I still look for the kind of love we had that summer.”
8. “As quickly as she had come, she was gone. Forever this time. Forever.”
9. “A living poem” had always been the words that came to mind when he tried to describe her to others.”
10. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”
11. I can’t live my life happily knowing you’re with someone else. That would kill a part of me. What we have is rare. It’s too beautiful to just throw it away.
12. “Did you ever think about us?”
“All the time. I still do.”
13. “Poetry, she thought, wasn’t written to be analyzed; it was meant to inspire without reason, to touch without understanding.”
14. Dusk, I realized then, is just an illusion, because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are; there cannot be one without the other, yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel, I remember wondering, to be always together, yet forever apart?
15. “Do you still read poetry?”
“Yeah. I never stopped. I guess it’s in my blood.”
16. The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.
17. It seems only old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. This is a great paradox.
18. The first time you fall in love, it changes your life forever, and no matter how hard you try, the feeling never goes away.
Have you already read this book? Please share your views below.
Also, let me know your thoughts about these quotes. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
Our Book Marketing Services For Authors